Helpdesk & Email policies
The helpdesk is located at https://spbas.com/customers/index.php?task=helpdesk. If you email your question/issue to us, you can still track your issues through the helpdesk - simply login (or register) an account using the same email address. All emails and tickets are assigned a 'ticket ID' which you can use to refer to your issue in the future.
When submitting questions or issues via email or through the helpdesk, you are covered by our support response time target which is as follows:
Normal Business hours:
Mon: 9:00am - 5:00pm EST/EDT
Tue: 9:00am - 5:00pm EST/EDT
Wed: 9:00am - 5:00pm EST/EDT
Thu: 9:00am - 5:00pm EST/EDT
Fri: 9:00am - 5:00pm EST/EDT
Target response time: 16 working business hours.
EDT is GMT-4 used during the Summer, while EST is GMT-5 and used during Winter. The auto-response you will receive from our email management system will confirm your ticket ID, our hours and what time zone we are currently in.
While we do not officially work in the 'early hours', the evenings and at weekends; we do still try and provide support where possible outside these hours. We will always try our best to respond to your query/issue as soon as possible, and in some cases we have been able to resolve cases at the weekend in only four minutes! For customers who require it, we are also happy to work out a customized SLA (Service Level Agreement) to fit your needs including guaranteed response times - please contact us to discuss this.
When submitting tickets through the helpdesk or emailing us, here are a few tips which will speed up the resolution time:
1. If you are receiving an error, include a copy of the error message and how we can reproduce it.
2. Most issues require us to login to your installation and/or FTP to solve the problem. Including your administration location & logins along with your FTP details will speed up our resolution time, as we won't have to ask you for these details and then wait for your reply. If you've already included logins in a previous ticket/email and they are still valid, feel free to simply reference the ticket id.
3. Describe your problem or question in detail. The more detail we have, the better we can answer and assist you.
4. Include the version of SPBAS that you are running - this can be found in the bottom left of the administration panel footer.
5. Make sure you've checked our knowledge base and forums first - you'll save yourself a lot of time if your question has already been answered!
6. If you have a billing and/or licensing issue, please remember to include your license key, and information regarding the billing transaction (if appropriate).
Some tips of what not to do:
1. Don't 'bump' your ticket to try and get a quicker response. Bumping a ticket will send it to the bottom of the list in our email management software, and will in fact delay our response. However, if you haven't received a response after 16 working business hours, feel free to submit a follow up.
2. Don't email us or submit tickets from an email address which has an auto-responder attached. While our email management software has built in protection to prevent against mail loops which can be caused by auto-responders, these can still occur and have occurred at numerous points over the past year. SolidPHP, Inc. reserves the right to block email addresses which have auto-responders attached in order to ensure that our systems remain reliable and stable for other clients.
3. Don't contact us via live chat or AOL instant messenger asking when a ticket will be replied to. We get to all tickets as quickly as possible in the order they are received. Asking us when your ticket will be answered will only take us away what we are working on, delaying our response.
4. Bug reports and/or feature requests should not be sent via email or through the support desk. They should be reported in the bug tracker at http://spbas.com/bugs.
Certain things are not covered by our support policy:
1. Installation of the software for you
2. Upgrading your installation
3. Skinning your installation for you
4. Integrating the product into your product or installation
These services can be purchased from the 'SolidPHP Services' section of the order form, and can also form part of a customised SLA for you.